9 High Petergate, York YO1 7EN
Tel. 01904 631 536
show on map
Located in Petergate, which is just around the corner from York Minster. The old building is what attracts many into this cosy restaurant/bar. Dating to around 1640, this timber-framed property was built for the local doctor as his principal residence. Although records are a little vague, there is evidence of the Terry family, famous local chocolatiers, owning the property in order to make and sell their confectionery.
We are proud to serve fresh, locally sourced food where ever possible and all our dishes are home made. Our menus will change seasonally and we have a specials board in the pub which changes on a monthly basis, however we always offer a Sunday lunch and serve sandwiches throughout the week. Menu